Trees in Town

Tree License Application | Licensed Tree Contractor List

To protect and care for the Trees of Irondequoit, the Town adopted new regulations requiring all commercial tree services operating within the Town limits to be licensed. This includes any vendor that performs tree trimming, tree cutting, limb removal, pruning, thinning, cabling, topping, root pruning, and stump grinding on both the Right of Way and Private property within the Town.

This new regulation is to protect residents by ensuring the vendor is properly insured for the tree work performed, ensure proper handling of the woody material, as well as to protect the overall Town tree canopy.

Any tree service business that performs work in the Town is responsible for properly disposing of all the material. The Town will not pick up material generated by contractors that is left on the project site.

Homeowners soliciting contractors to perform tree work can find attached the list of licensed tree vendors in Town.

For more information, please review Town Code Chapter 214.


Approved Solicitors | Key Information | Solicitor Facts | Solicitor's Application


A Solicitor is a person doing business through the acts of selling or offering for sale, soliciting orders, demonstrating or making estimates on goods, services or merchandise directly to the public in the public streets and public places or by going from house to house whether by appointment, referral, uninvited solicitation, route salesman or party plan within the Town of Irondequoit.

To view the Irondequoit Town Code related to Peddling and Soliciting, please click here.

Approved Companies

Company / OrganizationExpiration
Renewal by AndersonDecember 31, 2020
Charter SpectrumDecember 31, 2020


Key Information

Solicitors will be carrying a yellow cardstock badge with the following information:

  • Company Name
  • Solicitor’s name, age, height, and eye color
  • Town Clerk’s signature
  • Issuing date
  • Expiration date
  • Town Seal

Solicitor Facts

  • Every solicitor approved by the Town of Irondequoit MUST provide a current background check with their application.
  • They MUST carry a Solicitor License issued by the Town of Irondequoit.
  • Solicitor’s may not sell or vend within 250 feet of any school property between the hours of 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. on school days, nor enter upon private property for the purpose of soliciting before the hour of 10:00 a.m. or after ½ hour before sunset of any day, except upon the prior invitation of the householder or occupant.
  • If the solicitor cannot provide proof of approval by the Town, call 911.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding solicitation or the process of approval please feel free to call the Town Clerk's Office at (585) 467-8840 for further details. Office hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.

Application for Redevelopment of 4530 St. Paul Blvd.
(AKA 41 Colebrook Drive)

The coordinated environmental review pursuant to New York State Environmental Quality Review Act (SEQRA) is underway currently. Therefore, it is difficult to provide the exact dates for future decisions. Below is the proposed order in which decisions would be made for this application.

  • SEQRA – The next step requires the Town Board to make its Determination of Significance regarding the coordinated environmental review related to this project. This may occur at the Town Board’s August 15th meeting. However, if more time for review is needed, SEQRA could extend until September 19th.

  • Rezoning Decision – Once SEQRA is complete, the Town Board needs to render its decision on the proposed rezoning. If the Board denies the application, no further reviews/decisions would be required. If the Board approves the rezoning, then the other two Boards would need to act on the applications before them.

  • Site Plan and Subdivision – The Planning Board will consider the site plan and subdivision application related to the proposed new use of the building. This review and approval would likely be taken up first since the Planning Board’s decision(s) may affect what variances are needed.

  • Zoning Board of Appeals (ZBA) – Area variances related to the creation of a new lot around the existing building and the related plans for shared parking and access between the newly created lot and the existing church parcel would need to be reviewed and approved by the ZBA.

Below the application materials are provided. Please note that the site plan and floor plan documents under the Planning Board are the same plans being reviewed by all boards.

Town Board Application Materials

Planning Board Application Materials

Zoning Board Application Materials

Additional Information

Refuse & Recycling in Irondequoit FAQ

Do I have to have garbage pick up?

  • Yes, each household in Irondequoit is required to have garbage removal from a licensed waste hauler.

What waste haulers have a license to operate in the Town?

  • Click here for a list of current waste haulers that have obtained a license to haul waste in the town. This includes residential, commercial, and dumpster/Roll-Off use.

Can any waste hauler work in the Town?

  • Yes, as long as they have a valid license/permit to operate in the Town. A license is required so ensure that providers carry appropriate insurance and abide by town codes.

I am cleaning out the basement and have a large amount of debris to get rid of. Will my waste hauler take it?

  • Please consider donating some of the re-usable items. Otherwise, you should contact your waste hauler to ask them about large amount of debris for pick up. You may also wish to consider ordering a small dumpster/Roll-Off. A list of licenses dumpster haulers is listed above.

I am having some work done on my house. What happens with the construction material?

  • Typically your contractor is responsible for removing any debris created from work that they perform. You may wish to contact your waste hauler to see what their specific guidelines are regarding debris generated from work that you have done yourself.

Are there special requirements for disposing of old paint, chemicals, cleaners, etc.?

  • Yes, these items are considered hazardous waste and must be disposed off properly. The Town has a hazardous waste drop off every other fall on odd calendar years. Monroe County has a site for disposing of hazardous waste at Eco Park, 10 Avion Drive that is available year round. Please contact Monroe County at or call 753-7600 (option #3) for more information.

How can I properly dispose of electronics and old televisions?

  • You may dispose of items at the Monroe County Eco Park site at 10 Avion Drive. Monroe County Eco Park can be reached at or 753-7600 (option #3) for more information. Please note that some items may require a fee for disposal.

    The Town of Irondequoit typically offers one Electronics Recycling Drop Off Day per year. This event is free to all residents. When available, information on our Electronics Recycling Drop Off Day is posted on the Events Calendar, our Facebook Page, and Twitter account.

When can I put refuse out for pick up?

  • Refuse should be placed at the curb no earlier than 4:00pm on the day prior to your scheduled pickup.

Are low volume rates offered for residents?

  • Yes, per town code, each residential waste hauler is required to provide a low volume rate for households that have small amounts of refuse. Check with the waste haulers for further information.

How do I dispose of yard waste that is not picked up by the Town?

  • The Town will pick up loose (NOT TIED) tree limbs and bushes that residents generate themselves. Please note that this service is strictly for residents that perform the work themselves. Loose tree limbs and brush are picked up during specific scheduled times which can be found by clicking here. Your waste hauler is responsible for picking up any bagged or containerized debris.

    Contractors are required to remove any debris that they generate on behalf of the homeowner.

Who is responsible for picking up leaves?

  • Your waste hauler is responsible for picking up leaves that are containerized. The Town does offer a drop off location for leaves at Camp Eastman during the fall. The Town DOES NOT pick up leaves.

Who is responsible for picking up recycled items?

Summer Help

Looking for a fun, quality way to spend your summer? Help out in the Irondequoit Recreation Department!

Summer Camp Staff Application / Packet

  • Summer Camp Staff applications will be accepted from January 1 – May 1, 2019
  • Positions include: Counselors, Office Staff, Sports Specialist, Camp Directors
  • If selected, interviews will take place in mid-May. Candidates will be notified via phone call with an interview date, time, and location.
  • You must be at least entering 11th grade to apply for a summer camp staff position and at least 16 years old.

Jr. Leaders Application / Packet

  • Junior Leader applications accepted from January 1st until May 17, 2019. Interviews will take place in mid-June.
  • This is a volunteer position for young adults entering grades 9-11
  • Applicants must volunteer for at least two consecutive weeks

If you have any questions, please call us at 336-6070 or email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.