To help stop the spread of COVID-19, we have all been drafted to a new team, the home team. For some of us that means spending lots of time in our apartment by ourselves and for others that means staying in our house with our five other family members. During this time, the Home Corps is a way for you to stay active as a member of your vibrant Irondequoit community.
You can count me in! Now what?
|See something, say something.|
As always, call 911 with emergencies. Essential services remain staffed and continue to serve.
|Check on your neighbors.|
Reach out by leaving a note with your neighbors on either side and across from you. Let them know how to contact you if they need help.
Direct neighbors to this page for ideas on how to be an active member of our town, from home!
IDEAS FOR ENGAGEMENT AT HOME
- Learn more about your neighborhood association or take steps to start one. Learn more here.
- Help beautify your property or another’s at a safe distance, Invigorate your part of Irondequoit!
- Clear your storm sewer of leaves or other blockage. Help only rain go down the drain.
- Make sure your house numbers are visible from the street.
- Move debris to your curb if brush pick-up is soon (schedule is here).
- Wondering if that’s a maple or an oak? Report the town-owned street trees on your property to the Irondequoit Conservation Board who is taking an inventory of all town-owned street trees.
- Pick-up trash as you take walks in your neighborhood.
- Send or make cards for nursing home residents.